I recently PCS’d how can I be seen at Kimbrough Ambulatory Care Center (KACC) for my Primary Care?

Easy! Call TRICARE North at 877-874-2273 and request to be assigned a Primary Care Manager at KACC. Make sure to set up an initial appointment with your new provider and request new referrals for any ongoing specialty care needs (Ortho, Physical Therapy, Sleep Apnea etc…) 

I’m already enrolled in TRICARE Prime. How do I change my Primary Care Manager?

Call TRICARE North at 877-874-2273 or visit www.tricare.mil/bwe to select a new Primary Care Manager.

I’m under age 65 and enrolled in the U.S. Family Health Plan, how can I change my TRICARE Prime coverage back to Kimbrough?

Call TRICARE North at 877-874-2273 or visit www.tricare.mil/bwe to transfer your care back to Kimbrough, welcome back to Military Medicine!

I can’t keep my appointment, how can I cancel to avoid being a ‘no-show’?

You can call 301-677-8606 or 1-866-511-8748 Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Press option 1 to speak with an agent to cancel your appointment. You can also cancel your appointments online at tricareonline.com 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!

Do I need to make an appointment to get my medications filled?

No, you can simply call the appointment line at 301-677-8800 and request to have a Telephone Consult entered for your provider. A Registered Nurse will call you back within 24 hours.

What are the hours that are available to report to the clinic for Depot, B12 and injections other than immunizations?

From 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. are the hours to report for injections prescribed by your physician that are not immunizations.

Is there a time frame in which I should expect a return call when I leave a message for my provider?

It is the goal of your Primary Care Team to contact you within 48 business hours of receiving your request.

Lab Services

What tests require fasting?

Lab tests that generally require fasting are lipid panel and fasting blood sugar tests.

How many hours am I required to fast?

Appropriate fasting is 10-12 hours, only water can be consumed during the fasting experience.

Do I need to fast for Hemoglobin A1C?

No, you do not need to fast.

How long before my test results will be available?

Lab test turnaround time may take up to 48 hours if testing is performed here at Kimbrough. If testing is performed outside of Kimbrough, there may be a 1-2 week turnaround time.

Should I contact the Lab for my test results?

Please call the appointment line at 1-866-511-8748, a Telephone Consult will be entered to your clinic. They will return your call with lab results. Lab personnel are prohibited from releasing results directly to patients.

Will the Lab fax or mail results to my provider?

The Laboratory will not fax or mail results. Our Patient Administration Division (PAD) located across the hall in the Customer Service Center will make arrangements to mail or fax results.

Internal Medicine

What ages are seen?

We see patients who are 18 years of age and older.

Are walk-in services available?

Walk-in services are available during normal clinic hours for Pregnancy Testing and Prescribed Injections (i.e., Depot Provera, Depot Luron, Vitamin B-12). For prescribed injections, the patient must have a written order from a Military Healthcare Provider in their medical records and must remain in the clinic for 20 minutes following any injection.

What types of patients are seen in this clinic?

The types of patients seen in this clinic are ones with uncontrolled diabetes for five or more years, uncontrolled blood pressure on three or more medications, patients with lupus and similar autoimmune disorders, patients with amputations, with multi-system organ failure, three or more chronic narcotics, four or more psychiatric medications, transplant patients, complex seizure patients, s/p Stroke, cancer patients, multiple co-morbidities (dm, htn, hlyp, Crohn's, dementia etc).  



What are the operating hours of the Gastroenterology (GI) Clinic?

Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. excluding federal holidays.

Where is the GI Clinic located?

Kimbrough Ambulatory Care Center (KACC) is located at the corner of Ernie Pyle and Llewellyn Avenue. Address: 2480 Llewellyn Avenue, Fort Meade, MD 20755. The GI Clinic is located in the Multi-Service Clinic on the second floor. You will take the elevators to the second floor. The clinic is located to the left when you come off of the elevators. You will see a sign that says CHECK-IN. Please check in for your appointment with the receptionist at that location.

What type of patients do you see in the GI Clinic?

The GI Clinic serves all individuals 18 years of age and older. We typically will not see patients with hepatic issues. They will be referred to Walter Reed/Bethesda.

Is a referral required in order to see a GI Provider?

Generally, a GI consult from your Primary Care Manager is required, however there is an exception. Exception: If you are age 50, you do not need a referral from your Primary Care Manager; you may self-refer for colorectal cancer screening only. If you are African-American, you may self-refer at age 45 for colorectal cancer screening only.

How do I make an appointment with the GI Clinic?

For new and follow-up GI patients, an appointment can be made by calling the central appointment line at 301-677-8606 or our appointment line at 301-677-8138. After your initial visit with a GI Provider, the GI staff will schedule you for an endoscopic procedure (Colonoscopy and/or EGD) if deemed appropriate. The Multi-Service Clinic receptionist or nurse will attempt to schedule you for this additional appointment while you are at your clinic visit with the GI Provider.

Can I bring my children to any appointment and/or procedure?

At Kimbrough Ambulatory Care Center, we do not have the capacity to care for children while you are in your appointment/procedure. Please make arrangements for someone to care for your children while you are here.

What happens if I am late for my clinic appointment?

If you are more than 10 minutes late, we may need to reschedule you, depending upon how many patients are already scheduled that day. This will be done on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the provider.

What happens if I am late for my procedure appointment?

If you are late for your procedure appointment, we may need to reschedule you, or cancel you all-together. Depending upon the number of patients who are here, we may take someone who has a later appointment than you first, if they arrive before you do, to maintain the flow and timing of procedures for that day. This will be done on a case-by-case basis, at the discretion of the provider.

What do I do if I have an emergency or need care after normal operating hours?

For life and death emergencies, please call 911. If you are not having an emergency, but need care after normal operating hours, please go to the nearest emergency room. We do not have any emergency services at Kimbrough Ambulatory Care Center.

How long will I be here if I have a clinic appointment?

Clinic consultation appointments usually take about 30-45 minutes.

How long will I be here if I have a procedure?

Procedure appointments can take up to 2-2.5 hours. As most GI procedures are done with some degree of anesthesia, you are required to have an escort with you on the day of a procedure.


Army Public Health Nursing

What services are offered?

Population-focused nursing services to optimize the health of individuals, families, work groups and communities. Army Public Health Nursing promotes physical and mental health through the following areas: Travel Clinic and Health Promotion Classes.

How does the Travel Clinic help me?

All beneficiaries facing a PCS overseas or traveling abroad for leisure need to book a pre-travel consultation. This consultation is focused around the traveler’s itinerary, risks, and needs. The goal is to prepare travelers with the appropriate counseling, vaccinations, and medications to help reduce their risk of illness during travel. Please schedule your appointment four to six weeks prior to travel, in order to complete all necessary immunizations. It is still worthwhile and recommended to visit the Travel Clinic, even if you are traveling on short notice.

What kinds of health classes are offered?

At present, we offer classes in Childbirth Education, Pregnancy and Postpartum Health Education, Lactation Consultant, and Tobacco Cessation.

What do the Childbirth Education classes cover?

Do you know what to expect during labor and how to cope? Classes are free and open to all active duty military, their beneficiaries and DOD civilians.

When are the Pregnancy and Postpartum Health Education classes held?

Classes are available every Tuesday from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. for active duty military and their beneficiaries.

I’d like to quit smoking, is there a class I can attend?

Tobacco cessation counseling is provided on an individual basis, although classes are available upon request. Call Public Health Nursing at 301-677-8435 for an appointment.

I’m expecting a child and am interested in the benefits of breastfeeding; are there any educational services?

Breastfeeding education services are available for all beneficiaries before and after delivery. Both mom and dad are welcome to come. Call Public Health Nursing at 301-677-8435 for an appointment.